Lots of documentation missing

Havor

Lots of documentation missing

Postby Havor » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:09 am

I know its a pain to make, but lots of documentation missing, just a block diagram how the UniPi and its modules work and the full spec's whit voltages and so on would all ready be a big help, more detailed would naturally be useful.

Also a software compatibility list would be handy for all the extension boards and addon's, with comments if addon product are working or not, like: no data, not working, should work, works improvised, works and UniPi confirmed working, maybe also a page with a overview table of product and software.

Have a Q&A tap would be more useful then a review tab that literately no-one has used.

Also a comments would handy, and comments/quistions from there could also be used for the Q&A. (Disqus is a easy drop-in comment addon)

If UniPi wants to grow, it has to become more user friendly, because now it's more for geeks only, people like me have a hard time finding out how to make tings work for them, and when it comes to things like this, i am certainly nod a total n00b, but also not a expert/geek. ;)

Maybe also giveaway monthly vouchers for the best reviews and/or how-to video's would help promote UniPi.

And a cooperation between a big tech site and UniPi, ware one of the authors write a in-depth article about a/his UniPi home automation project would also help promote UniPi, and let starting UniPi users get insights how they could use it.
tomas_hora
Site Admin

Re: Lots of documentation missing

Postby tomas_hora » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:32 am

Thanks for the tips. We are aware of the lack of documentation, however the first generation was meant for geeks and fans. But we are already working on a new web where we plan to have more documentation and tutorials, so stay tuned :)
zorro_66

Re: Lots of documentation missing

Postby zorro_66 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:27 pm

I can only agree with that documentation is poor
for us ordinary people who are doing automation.
But it is good that you understand it and will fix the problem
for it is a fantastic product that you have.
So keep up the good work.
And in the forum you get help quickly :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “General discussion”