GPIO is not in "Device library"

macesko

GPIO is not in "Device library"

Postby macesko » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi,

I'm following manual and I don't see any GPIO or digital input option in the list.

My PlatformIO modul is version 1.0.22.44022.

I can see only UniPI (V1.1) > I2C and OneWire options.

Can you help me?
Gif

Re: GPIO is not in "Device library"

Postby Gif » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:20 pm

I also hasn't it there but after something (i don't remember exactly) it appears there under UniPI (v1.0). But it was with older MervisIDE, now I have it there even with newly created project.

I thing that it was by re-adding unipi library under references, or when I try to ctrl+c and ctrl+v some other library from sample project.
Unfortunately digital inputs now didn't work for me, and even not sure if unipi v1.0 and v1.1 are compatible.
Gif

Digital input not working

Postby Gif » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:38 pm

I want use digital inputs (long time after utilize all relay outputs :-) ) but they didn't work for me.

LEDs on board lights correctly but variables "Digital Inputs.GPIO01" is always True and "channel.Digital Inputs.GPIO02 - 4" are always False (others I didn't tried)
Type of i/o pins are Pull up (default as created from library)
When open web on port :88, there is numbers for each input which counts when I switch input on and off.
Port monitor in MervisIDE didn't show anything.
Is there any other way how to check input?

Can be problem that I use inputs from UniPI v1.0 library as I haven't any in UniPI v1.1, but have 1.1 board?

Thanks for help.
tomas_hora
Site Admin

Postby tomas_hora » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

Hello,

in the newest version of mervis the GPIO channel is not used- instead it is done via local TCP modbus channel and there you find UniPi board. It also takes care of DI +counters and AO.

Please remember to always use the newest version (both IDE + img) and do not mix the 1.0 with 1.1.

I am sorry for not updating the manuals, but so many things changed and some small changes will be done in the future so I will update the tutorials once its done.
Gif

Postby Gif » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Hello,
for me it works now, thanks.
And sorry to macesko for stealing his thread.

PS: I seen it in modbus section before, but I thought that this is for another module.
macesko

Postby macesko » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Thank you. I can see it now.

Regarding to analog output, it is not so obvious from tutorial. Do I need to manually connect by wires connectors as it is on slide to work with AO?
tomas_hora
Site Admin

Postby tomas_hora » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:01 pm

I do not understand your question... In order to make the AO work, you need to provide max 12VDC to the AOV. See this http://unipi.technology/wiki/Using_Analog_Output

Return to “Mervis”